Looking Forward, and Looking Back
I am looking forward to moving back to DC because:
– I have good friends to go back to, and new friends who will be there for a while
– my family will be closer
– lots of little things will be easier
– I’m looking forward to setting up a permanent home with Ryan – like with towels that match, and walls that are painted.
– I want to play sports again
– I want to see sports again
– I like that Americans smile at each other
– some thing about Italy are driving me nuts
– most things about my current job are driving me nuts
I’m not looking forward because:
– I’ll miss italy
– i’ll miss travelling
– I’m nervous about changing jobs again … this one’s kind of inexplicable
– there’s a lot of stuff I’ll have to get taken care of: drivers licenses, various whatnot.
– there are some friends I won’t see again
– traffic in DC means it sucks to get out of town for the weekend. I’m thinking we should take more three-four day weekends in DC than we did before. I don’t know why we didn’t take more time off.